Explore Newcastle (Hunter region)
Newcastle is home to the University of Newcastle and Hunter Institute. Over 30,000 students choose to study at the University of Newcastle which specialises in research in health and medicine, science and engineering, and energy and the environment.
- Newcastle is home to the University of Newcastle and Hunter Institute.
- Over 30,000 students choose to study at the University of Newcastle which specialises in research in health and medicine, science and engineering, and energy and the environment.
- The Hunter Institute teaches more than 64,000 students enrolled across a wide range of industry areas.
- The region is renowned for its local industries: manufacturing, coal and mining, viticulture and winemaking.
- Newcastle is only 2 hours’ drive north of Sydney. Newcastle was named one of Lonely Planet’s Top 10 Cities in 2011, and include must do's like:
- Surfing or fishing at Merewether, Newcastle, Nobbys, and Bar Beach.
- Galleries and boutiques along Darby Street, Newcastle East and Cooks Hill.
- Wineries at the Hunter Valley and Lake Macquarie.
Why study in NSW?
NSW is home to world-class universities, vocational institutions and research organisations which deliver cutting edge, industry-relevant education that launches domestic and international students into careers of choice.
Its education system offers a wide range of courses and degrees and enjoys a strong global reputation for internationally respected qualifications, high quality research and teaching, cultural diversity and a safe study environment.
NSW's universities and research sector are linked into leading global industry and research networks to develop world-class talent equipped with the knowledge, skills to be 'work ready' upon graduation. Successful graduates from Australian institutes are working at the highest levels in government and business all around the world.
NSW has the largest research sector in Australia, a country ranked first in the Asia Pacific region for the quality of its research institutions.
Read more about studying in NSW at www.study.sydney
Last updated: Wednesday, 26 August 2015 2:58:26 PM