Many international students look for part-time work while they study in Australia.
The extra spending money to support your experience living in Australia can help you discover this wonderful country and meet other students and locals. It's also a great way to improve your English, build your confidence and make new friends.
Some of the best ways to look for part-time work are:
- Word of mouth – ask your friends or colleagues
- Build your personal or professional networks and connections
- Online job websites
- Dedicated websites and job noticeboards at your university or college
- Professional recruitment companies
- Alumni groups at your place of study
- The Developing Employability Student Starter Kit can help you take control of your employability development
International students have the same workplace protections as all Australian workers and are entitled to safe and fair workplaces. Here's what you should know about working in Australia (PDF 447.6KB) before you arrive.
Translations of the pre-arrival work-ready flyer and video are available on our resource hub.