Please enter a keyword/s to search for courses, institutions or site content.

Language testing organisations

The Department of Home Affairs accepts English language test results from a number of providers that meet student visa application requirements:

Institutions set their own English language requirements for course entry, and the English proficiency score needed for your course may be different to the score needed to secure your visa. You should check entry requirements for both your visa application and your course application.

2000px-IELTS_logo.svgIELTS is among the world’s most widely-used English language tests, with over 3 million tests taken annually. All universities and colleges in Australia accept IELTS, as well as all professional associations that have set minimum language requirements for professional registration.

800px-TOEFL_Logo.svgThe TOEFL test is recognized by more than 10,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 150 countries worldwide (including Australia).

PLogo_Primary_PTEAcademic_Blk_RGB Pearson PTE Academic is a computer-based English test you can use to prove your English ability as part of all Australian visa applications. PTE Academic is accepted by all Australian universities, as well as by professional associations and state government departments.

cambridge english logo

Cambridge English exams are recognised by over 20,000 universities, employers and governments around the world. Cambridge English Qualifications are in-depth exams designed to encourage continuous progression and a clear path to improve language skills with qualifications for schools, general and higher education, and business.

Last updated: Monday, 26 November 2018 4:15:59 PM

Rate this page

  • Rate as Helpful26 Helpful votes
  • Rate as Not helpful10 Not helpful votes