All visitors to Australia are required to hold a valid visa. Students wishing to study for a period greater than 3 months require a Student Visa. Some agents located in the UK can provide assistance with registering for Australian Visas.
Information on Visa requirements are available at the Australian Embassy:
Australian High Commission
Australia House, Strand
London WC2B 4LA
Tel: +44 870 005 6701
Fax: +44 207 240 5333
Studying on a Working Holiday Visa
- Are you a citizen of one of the following countries? Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom
- Are you between 18 and 30 years of age?
- Would you like to study English in a native English speaking environment and work and travel in Australia at the same time?
Then the Working Holiday Visa is for you!
With a Working Holiday Visa, you can travel and work in Australia for a total of 12 months and you can study in Australia for up to 4 months – a perfect opportunity to improve your English!
There are so many advantages in starting your Working Holiday experience with an English language course:
- With a higher level of English there will be more job opportunities available to you
- With a higher level of English you will also be able to do more enjoyable forms of work
- While you are studying the school will help you to familiarise yourself with Australia and the way things work
- You have the chance to make new friends and learn more about Australia before heading off on your working holiday experience
On this page you will find lots more information about the Working Holiday Visa and the opportunities it offers to those who are eligible to apply, including:
For information about the Working Holiday Visa and how it works, please visit: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/
Applying is easy – simply click on this link and apply online: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/how-to-apply.htm
The Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) can provide all required information regarding quarantine laws. To avoid any problems associated with breaking Australian quarantine laws or for any queries you may have we recommend you visit www.affa.gov.au