Search the International News
View All Articles
You may be interested in:
- 1. Magnetic medicine to fight cancer - News Articles
Pharmacists at the University of Sydney believe they have discovered a method for magnetically directing drugs through the body.
- Last modified 26 Jun 2012
- 2. Citations recognise Australia’s contribution to global research - News Articles
Twelve Australians have earned a prestigious Thomson Reuters Citation Award for their contribution to research and innovation.
- Last modified 12 Jun 2012
- 3. Dark chocolate boosts heart health - News Articles
A daily dose of dark chocolate could lower the risk of stroke and heart attack, according to a study by Monash University researchers.
- Last modified 20 Jun 2012
- 4. Australian nuclear security ranked best in the world - News Articles
A global report on nuclear materials security has ranked Australia top of the class out of 32 countries, ahead of the UK and USA.
- Last modified 11 Apr 2012
- 5. Sensor mat tracks sleeper's vital signs - News Articles
A thin mat infused with tiny sensors invented by Colin Sullivan, a medical professor at the University of Sydney, could transform the diagnosis and monitoring of sleep disorders.
- Last modified 7 Feb 2013
- 6. Industry and research link up to shape the future - News Articles
Researchers, industries, communities and governments join forces to solve some of the key challenges in medicine, the environment and the economy through the government funded Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects scheme.
- Last modified 6 Jul 2012
- 7. Making headway on brain tumour cure - News Articles
In a world first, medical scientists from Australia and India have harnessed a naturally occurring protein to cure an aggressive form of brain cancer that kills within weeks or months.
- Last modified 30 Apr 2012
- 8. Australian graduates score jobs despite global downturn - News Articles
Results from the annual Australian Graduate Survey (AGS1) reveal that around 76% of new bachelor degree graduates available for full-time employment secured a job within four months of completing their studies.
- Last modified 3 Jan 2013
- 9. Lift in university rankings shows research is a wise investment - News Articles
Australia’s investment in research has more than paid off, according to the latest national audit of research quality, the 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
- Last modified 10 Dec 2012
- 10. Funding the best and brightest medical researchers - News Articles
Preventing sleep apnoea in children, developing highly targeted therapies against cancers and inflammatory conditions, and improving the diagnosis of rare diseases are some of the goals of the medical research programs being funded in the latest round of National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) grants.
- Last modified 22 Nov 2012
- 11. Federal grants boost Australian research - News Articles
Australian universities will receive almost AU$360 million (EUR293 mln) from the Australian Research Council (ARC) to fund 1014 research programs across a wide range of disciplines.
- Last modified 9 Nov 2012