Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships
Build your international professional career and undertake your graduate study or research in Australia.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide financial support for high achieving American and Canadian students to study for a master's degree or PhD in Australia. The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards are valued at AUS$118,500 for master's by coursework or research degrees and AUS$228,500 for PhDs. Australia is home to leading international universities that produce cutting edge international research in fields such as climate change, energy, environmental sciences, biotechnology and medicine. To find a program, use the course search on the right.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards aim to:
- Enable high achieving international students to undertake a postgraduate qualification either by coursework or research in their chosen fields of study in Australia.
- Strengthen bilateral ties between Australia and the participating countries.
- Showcase Australia’s education sector.
- Strengthen mutual understanding between the people of Australia and Award Holders' home countries.
- Build international linkages and networks.
Read the Information for International Applicants for detailed information on eligibility requirements, Award values, list of participating countries and other important information. You should download these guidelines and ensure you read and understand them before starting your application.
- Kevin Erickson (USA), a marine aquatic pathobiologist, was awarded an Australia Endeavour Postgraduate Award to pursue his PhD in marine ornamental biosecurity from Central Queensland University.
- Jared Horvath (USA), a Research Assistant at the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvansive Brain Stimulation, has been awarded an Endeavour Postgraduate Award to conduct research towards a PhD at the University of Melbourne. He will study the effects of non-pharmaceutical, non-invasive treatment options regarding attention and learning.
- Win Sum Cheung (Canada), a recipient of the Endeavour Postgraduate Award will pursue a Master's degree in Speech Pathology at Macquarie University.
How to apply
To apply for an Endeavour Postgraduate Award, download the terms and eligibility requirements by clicking here. You will need to provide a range of supporting documents with your application including evidence of citizenship and English language proficiency. You need to already have an offfer of admissions from your Australian institution. Australian universities have rolling admissions for most programs. Eligible applications will be assessed by independent selection panels of academics and professionals in Australia. This transparent, merit-based selection process ensures the integrity of the Awards.
Applications to the 2014 Endeavour Awards close on 30 June 2013. Use the course search on the right to find a program.
About the Endeavour Awards
The Endeavour Awards is the Australian Government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship program providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia. Awards are also available for Australians to do the same abroad.