Support for school students
All Australian schools offer a strong welfare structure to ensure the ongoing support of every student. These include:
- International student coordinators present in every school.
- A student welfare team.
- Year advisers.
- School counsellors.
- Careers advisers to assist students with planning and applying for post-secondary study.
- English as a second language support staff and programs.
- Students learn with local Australian students.
- Accommodation in homestays: all host families must have a police check to meet requirements of child protection legislation and homes must meet required standards; students have a 24 hour emergency contact number.
- Some schools offer boarding.
Last updated: Sunday, 9 June 2013 10:33:27 AM