Scholarships to study in Australia
There are many scholarships, grants, and bursaries which can help support you financially with your studies in Australia. They are offered by the Australian Government, education institutions, and a number of other public and private organisations. You can use the search tool available on every page of this site to find scholarships, along with contact details for the institution providing the scholarship.
All applications and enquiries for scholarships are made through the scholarship provider.
Here is information about some of the major scholarships programs available for international students:
- Australia Awards - The Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links, and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours through Australia's extensive scholarship programs. The program brings together scholarships offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), the Department of Education and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). Read more about Australia Awards and Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships - The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) program focuses on improving the quality of Australian research. If you already have a graduate qualification, an IPRS scholarship lets you study in Australia with some of the best researchers in your field. You can read more about these scholarships at the Department of Education website. Or to search for the scholarships, use the search tool on this website.
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship - The Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowships are open to high-achieving female researchers from APEC economies for research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions. The fellowships aim to support women’s economic empowerment in the APEC region and raise the profile of female role models in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Read more about the Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship.
Who can apply for a scholarship?
All scholarships listed on our website are available to international students. Many are available to students of all nationalities, however all scholarships conditions are set by the institution or organisation offering the scholarship and applications have to be done directly with the scholarship provider. To find out if you are eligible to receive a scholarship you must contact the organisation offering the scholarship.
To find out what scholarships you might be eligible for use the search tool found on every page of this website.
- Type in your area of study or an institution in the Search bar
- In the Search results page, click on the Scholarships tab
- From the list of available scholarships, apply the filter to match your preferences
Last updated: Tuesday, 9 August 2016 4:44:44 PM