Scholarships to study in Australia
There are many scholarships, grants, and bursaries which can help support you financially with your studies in Australia. They are offered by the Australian Government, education institutions, and a number of other public and private organisations. You can use the search tool available on every page of this site to find scholarships relevant for you, along with contact details for the institution providing the scholarship as all applications for scholarships are done directly with the providing organisation.
Here is information about some of the major scholarships programs available for international students:
- Australia Awards - The Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links, and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours through Australia's extensive scholarship programs. The program brings together scholarships offered by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIICCSRTE) and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). Read more at www.australiaawards.gov.au
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships - The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) program focuses on improving the quality of Australian research. If you already have a graduate qualification, an IPRS scholarship lets you study in Australia with some of the best researchers in your field. You can read more about these scholarships at the Department of Innovation website. Or to search for the scholarships, use the search tool on this website.
- JASON (Joint academic scholarships online network) - JASON is a postgraduate scholarship search engine. Scholarships in the database apply to Australian students wishing to study at home or abroad, and to international students wishing to study in Australia. You can find out more on the JASON website.
Who can apply for a scholarship?
All scholarships listed on our website are available to international students. Many are available to students of all nationalities, however all scholarships conditions are set by the institution or organisation offering the scholarship and applications have to be done directly with the scholarship provider. To find out if you are eligible to receive a scholarship you must contact the organisation offering the scholarship.
To find out what scholarships you might be eligible for use the search tool found on every page of this website.
- Type in your area of study or an institution in the Search bar
- In the Search results page, click on the Scholarships tab
- From the list of available scholarships, apply the filter to match your preferences
Please note: The Study in Australia website does not provide scholarships and we are not able to provide advice on scholarship eligibility. Comments submitted with questions about availability of scholarships or eligibility for specific nationalities will not be posted or provided with a response. Full Terms and Conditions relating to Comments are available on the Legal page (accessed through the footer on every page of the site).
Last updated: Tuesday, 1 October 2013 12:13:25 PM