Studying English in Australia is about much more than reciting words in a classroom. Our teaching approach focuses on critical thinking, as well as group and project work – all drawn from real-life experiences, which means you will not only be learning the language, you will be learning how to use it in everyday life.
By studying English in Australia, you will gain a huge range of life skills you cannot get at home. Invaluable skills like problem-solving, leading diverse teams of people, and applying your English to real-world situations – abilities you will draw on for the rest of your life. With a multicultural mix of students in our educational facilities, you will learn the world’s language in a truly international environment.
Our English language teaching maintains a consistently high quality – no matter where you study or what course you choose. As the only country in the world with an accreditation framework to maintain a national standard – as well as consistent quality reviews and performance audits – you can be confident that you’re getting the very finest English education.
Types of English training
Australia offers a range of English courses to suit a range of study needs.
- Your Goal - To improve general proficiency to access higher level courses; to improve your English for travel; or to do casual work in an English speaking country
- Course description - Focusing on communication skills with emphasis on speaking and listening
English for Academic Purposes
- Your Goal - You want to study in an Australian school, vocational college or university
- Course description - Preparing you for study at an English-speaking university, higher education or vocational institute
English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Your Goal - You want to learn the spoken and written English needed for a specific context
- Course description - Focusing on practical English for specific course areas such as business, aviation or tourism
- Your Goal - You plan to take an exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, or the Cambridge First Certificate
- Course description - Preparing you for English language proficiency examinations
English for Teaching
- Your Goal - You want to teach English in schools in your own country
- Course description - These courses include TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, EfTC (English for Teaching Children.)
- Your Goal - You want to have a short holiday and study English
- Course description - These courses are a combination of General English with sporting, social, tourist or cultural activities.
Last updated: Tuesday, 1 October 2013 12:08:17 PM