About West Perth, Crawley & Claremont area
- Institutions found in this area near the Perth CBD include The University of Western Australia, Taylors College, Presbyterian Ladies' College, St. Hilda's Anglican School for Girls and Shenton College.
WA’s premier teaching tertiary hospitals include King Edward Memorial Hospital, and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, home to WA's largest and only comprehensive cancer treatment centre - and the state's principal hospital for neurosurgery and liver transplants.
- As WA’s premier and oldest university, The University of Western Australia ranked equal first in Australia. According to the Good Universities Guide 2012, this ranking was according to measures like graduate starting salaries, employment prospects, staff qualifications, research intensity and student demand. The University of Western Australia ranks 96th in the world in the highly respected Shanghai-Jiao Tong University's Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Located near the University of Western Australia, The Lions Eyes Institute is a not-for-profit Centre of Excellence which employs 150 scientists, clinicians and support staff. They conduct first-class scientific research into blindness and other ocular disorders, and incorporates one of Australia’s largest ophthalmic practices.
- The Ear Science Institute of Australia is a world renowned centre of excellence dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with ear, balance and associated hearing disorders.
- Just 5 minutes from Perth city, the Matilda Bay Reserve is the perfect place for a swim in the Swan River and picnic by the water. Located near the University of Western Australia, Matilda Bay is a perfect spot to relax in a tranquil setting under shady trees.
Why study in Western Australia?
What comes to mind when thinking of the perfect place to study? It would be just about any student’s dream to study in a place that offers world-class education and a pathway to a successful career. Somewhere with excellent infrastructure, natural beauty, clean air, rivers and oceans.
Famous for its friendly people and relaxed atmosphere, Perth embodies the true Australian lifestyle. There are not many places left in the world where a passer-by will warmly greet you on the street or stop to have a chat. Australians love to interact with overseas visitors and embrace other cultures.
Perth is a city of growth, success and possibilities. Recent years have seen the benefits of our resources boom flow into every part of our lives, from education to transport, and tens of thousands of people have come to see the natural beauty of Western Australia and enjoy its year-round sunshine. The new international airport, along with the Perth Arena and expanding city rail network, riverside developments and beach-fronts are shaping Perth into Australia’s western gateway for tourism and investment.
Research conducted in Perth is respected globally, reaching new horizons in medicine and health sciences, agriculture, chemistry, geology, metallurgy, engineering, astrophysics, renewable energy and environmental management. Our artists, musicians and actors are familiar to the world. Your study experience here will not only provide you with learning, but also the possibility to be part of the growing academic and professional network which will guide the future of our city.
Read more about studying in Western Australia at www.studyperth.com.au and studywest.des.wa.gov.au
Last updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 5:15:33 PM