Perth CBD & surrounds
- Perth is home to 21 world class education institutions and are situated in the Perth CBD, East Perth and Mount Lawley precinct.
- The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) provides the most comprehensive range of performing arts training in Australia and students can choose from a range of internationally recognised courses. Prestigious industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter ranked WAAPA one of the world’s best 25 acting schools, and past students include stars like Hugh Jackman, Frances O’Connor, and Tim Minchin.
- The Central Institute of Technology is Western Australia’s oldest post school institute and largest VET provider. It trains over 30,000 students a year in more than 400 courses.
- Scitech is Western Australia's award-winning leading science education centre that offers engaging and interactive science experiences for visitors of all ages. With over 100 hands-on and engaging exhibits, Scitech features two exhibitions, daily shows in the Lotterywest Science and Puppet Theatres, an in-house CSIRO Lab, Australasia’s largest planetarium, Horizon, and the Discovery Shop.
- Royal Perth Hospital is Western Australia's premier teaching hospital, providing a full range of emergency services for adults (except obstetrics) and serving as the State referral centre for many super-specialities. RPH has hosted many significant breakthroughs in medical research - significantly, the bacterium Helicobactor pylori, which was found to cause stomach ulcers, and won the 2005 Nobel Prize for former staff members and UWA professors Dr Robin Warren and Professor Barry Marshall.
- All buses within the Perth CBD zone are free for everyone. And as an international student, you will receive a 40 per cent discount on all public transport throughout Western Australia!
- Perth Arena is Western Australia’s landmark home of live entertainment, music and sports. Widely reported as Australia’s finest venue, the 15,500 capacity Perth Arena features breathtaking design, a retractable roof and world-leading technology such as air conditioning under each seat! Global superstars Jennifer Lopez and Nicki Minaj, comedy kings Russell Peters and Russell Brand, The Jacksons and ZZ Top are just some of the acts that have already graced Perth Arena’s stage.
Why study in Western Australia?
What comes to mind when thinking of the perfect place to study? It would be just about any student’s dream to study in a place that offers world-class education and a pathway to a successful career. Somewhere with excellent infrastructure, natural beauty, clean air, rivers and oceans.
Famous for its friendly people and relaxed atmosphere, Perth embodies the true Australian lifestyle. There are not many places left in the world where a passer-by will warmly greet you on the street or stop to have a chat. Australians love to interact with overseas visitors and embrace other cultures.
Perth is a city of growth, success and possibilities. Recent years have seen the benefits of our resources boom flow into every part of our lives, from education to transport, and tens of thousands of people have come to see the natural beauty of Western Australia and enjoy its year-round sunshine. The new international airport, along with the Perth Arena and expanding city rail network, riverside developments and beach-fronts are shaping Perth into Australia’s western gateway for tourism and investment.
Research conducted in Perth is respected globally, reaching new horizons in medicine and health sciences, agriculture, chemistry, geology, metallurgy, engineering, astrophysics, renewable energy and environmental management. Our artists, musicians and actors are familiar to the world. Your study experience here will not only provide you with learning, but also the possibility to be part of the growing academic and professional network which will guide the future of our city.
Read more about studying in Western Australia at www.studyperth.com.au and studywest.des.wa.gov.au
Last updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 5:14:53 PM