Loddon-Mallee and Hume Regions
- The Loddon-Mallee and Hume Regions is home to two universities: La Trobe University, University of Melbourne (both with multiple campuses here) and four TAFEs: GOTAFE, Bendigo TAFE, Wodonga TAFE, SuniTAFE.
- Key Facilities: Gippsland Centre for Sustainable Industries.
- Key Fact: Hume is home to Goulburn Valley, also known as Victoria’s Food Bowl.
- Multinational Companies: Uncle Toby’s, Woolworths, SPC Ardmona, Mars.
- Major Industries: Wool production, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism, Wine and Gourmet Food.
- Major Attractions: Falls Creek and the Alpine region, Bendigo city, Albury-Wodonga river town.
Why study in Victoria?
Melbourne is rated the world’s most liveable city and is known for its cosmopolitan, multicultural communities and excellent cultural, food, fashion and entertainment activities and destinations
In 2012, QS ranked Melbourne as one of the world’s four leading student cities along with Paris, London and Boston. The criteria included quality of living, reputation of the city’s universities, the student mix, employer activity, and affordability.
Victoria boasts a concentration of education and research infrastructure that is unrivalled in the region. Ten world-leading universities have cutting-edge facilities, academic staff with international experience, and outstanding student services. It has 5 of Australia’s top 20 universities, one of the world’s top 30, and 2 universities in the world’s top 100.
High quality vocational education and training institutions offer industry relevant, practical training and skills development in close connections with industry that ensures graduates have the skills demanded by employers. VET and university institutions also work together to create credit pathways that increase entry and exit points for students and have the advantage of dual qualifications and smoother transition into higher education studies.
Victorian universities and VET providers also dominate and lead the country in the delivery of educational services offshore and this is testament to the global recognition of the programs.
The Victorian Government provides a unique International Student Care Service which makes it a leader in international student service provision. This service provides support, advice and assistance by multilingual professional staff on health, legal, employment and accommodation services.
Last updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 5:12:00 PM