About South West Queensland
- South West Queensland is home to many natural and heritage attractions and is renowned for its expertise in food, agriculture and mining.
- Located in the rich farmlands of the Darling Downs on the crest of the Great Dividing Range, Toowoomba is the heart of South West Queensland and is known for its country charm.
- Toowoomba is home to a number of popular private and catholic boarding schools and the Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE offers a variety of vocational course in beautiful leafy surroundings close to the city centre.
- The head campus of the University of Southern Queensland is located in Toowoomba and is a pioneer and leader in distance education.
- Offering a cooler climate than the rest of Queensland, South West Queensland and Toowoomba host the famous springtime celebration known as the Carnival of Flowers.
- There are more than 150 public parklands throughout South West Queensland and many have being cultured to represent a variety of international themes. There are many adventure activities to enjoy in the South West, from early morning hot air balloon flights, motorcycle rides, abseiling, sky diving, horse riding, golf, tennis, swimming and fishing.
Why study in Queensland?
Queensland as a study destination has many exclusive benefits including:
- The only state with a major international network with representation in 17 cities around the world.
- Easy access from your home country. The only state with three major international airports – Gold Coast, Brisbane and Cairns
- Half price local transport concessions for international students on accredited courses
- Queensland has warm and sunny weather with the vast majority of the state receiving an average of 8 to 9 hours of sunshine every day.
- Queensland has 5 of Australia’s 11 World Heritage sites and is home to many famous landmarks including the world famous Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, countless islands from the Whitsunday’s to Fraser Island and more than 200 national parks.
- Queensland is a leader in research with nine major research centres in Mining and Energy, over 40 major research centres in Health and Medical, 18 major research centres in Environment and Nature, 14 in Food and Agriculture, 9 in ICT and Multimedia, 7 in Defence, Aviation and Space and 20 in Manufacturing and Design
- Free schooling for children of PhD students and 576 visa holders.
Read more about studying in Queensland at www.studyqueensland.qld.edu.au
Last updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 4:54:12 PM