About South East Queensland
- South East Queensland – with its picturesque hinterland and beaches of the Gold and Sunshine Coasts – is world renowned for its expertise in tourism and hospitality.
- There are a number of world class universities with major campuses on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts including Griffith University, Bond University, Southern Cross University and the University of Sunshine Coast.
- South East Queensland has two major international airports in Brisbane and the Gold Coast and is easily accessible from anywhere in the world.
- South East Queensland is a playground for fun in the sun from famous attractions and theme parks from Australia Zoo, Dream World, Movie World, Wet n Wild, Underwater World and Seaworld.
- With a casual beach culture, South East Queensland is famous for its world-class restaurants, shopping, entertainment and nightlife.
- South East Queensland is full of natural attractions from legendary beaches and waterways which provide an idyllic backdrop for boating excursions, scenic flights and surf-based activities. Less than 30 minutes from the beach is Australia’s largest expanse of sub-tropical rainforest, bordered by rural farmland and bush where travellers can encounter Australia’s unique native wildlife and experience a taste of country life.
Why study in Queensland?
Queensland as a study destination has many exclusive benefits including:
- The only state with a major international network with representation in 17 cities around the world.
- Easy access from your home country. The only state with three major international airports – Gold Coast, Brisbane and Cairns
- Half price local transport concessions for international students on accredited courses
- Queensland has warm and sunny weather with the vast majority of the state receiving an average of 8 to 9 hours of sunshine every day.
- Queensland has 5 of Australia’s 11 World Heritage sites and is home to many famous landmarks including the world famous Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, countless islands from the Whitsunday’s to Fraser Island and more than 200 national parks.
- Queensland is a leader in research with nine major research centres in Mining and Energy, over 40 major research centres in Health and Medical, 18 major research centres in Environment and Nature, 14 in Food and Agriculture, 9 in ICT and Multimedia, 7 in Defence, Aviation and Space and 20 in Manufacturing and Design
- Free schooling for children of PhD students and 576 visa holders.
Read more about studying in Queensland at www.studyqueensland.qld.edu.au
Last updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 4:53:12 PM