Connect with Australian Associations in North America
Whether you are looking to connect with Australian professionals, find an Australian cultural event, catch a game of Aussie rules football, or simply find some Australian cuisine here in North America, you may find it here.
Below you’ll find a list of associations, organisations, and clubs that can help you stay connected to Australia, right here in North America:
- Australians Abroad: Blogs, resources and stories of Australians living overseas.
- Australian American Association (AAA): A non-profit organisation based in New York, the AAA has chapters throughout the US focussed on strengthening relations between the US and Australia through its corporate, education, and social and cultural programs.
- Australian Embassy and Consulates: The Embassy and consulate sponsor cultural programs to engage with Americans.
- Australian High Commission: The High Commission and consulate sponsor cultural programs to engage with Canadians.
- Australians in Film: Based in LA, the organisation promotes the work of Australian television and film makers, and hosts film screenings for members and guests.
- Australian Football Association of North America: The organisation provides update and information on footy in Australia. If you're keen to play or watch footie, this is the place to go.
- Advance - Global Professional Australians: Advance is a community of Australians living overseas. The organisation works to build linkages with industry networks, global business, government and academia and holds networking events in various cities throughout the US and Canada.
- Australians in LA: A non-profit social group for Australians and anyone with an interest in Australia who lives in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Australian Music Office: Explore new music from down under, and see which Australian bands are coming to music festivals near you.
- Australians in Washington Association: A non-profit organisation for Australians and friends of Australia in the wider Washington, DC metropolitan area that sponsors networking events and activities.
- G'Day USA - Australia Week: An annual program designed to showcase Australian business, culture and innovations in the US each January.
- Los Angeles Waves Netball Club: Dedicated to promoting participation in netball in Los Angeles and boosting its profile as a competitive sport in the US.
- Los Angeles Rugby Club: The LARCsponsores two division 1 rugby teams.
- Santa Monica Rugby Club: The SMRC sponsors both men's and women's rugby teams.
- The Southern Cross Group: An international, non-profit advocacy and support organisation for the Australian dispora.